Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Sweet 7 year old!


I can't believe my sweet Jake will be seven tomorrow, October 7, 2011. It still seems like yesterday that he was born. Time has flown by so quickly and I want it to slow down! I am so very proud of the young boy/child of God that Jake is becoming. In May of 2011 he asked Jesus into his heart. He was baptized on mother's day. I couldn't have asked for a better present. He is one of the most tender-hearted children I have ever met. While at times this can be a little frustrating as a parent, God has really opened my eyes as to how HE can use this for HIS glory.



Jake is a very determined child.  He likes for things to be done correctly and hates settling for anything less than perfection. I often have to remind him that he doesn't have to do things perfectly the first time he does them. This determination really spurs him to be excellent at what he does, whether it be sports or school work or memorizing scriptures for AWANA.  Raymond and I both felt God leading us to homeschool our children. We aren't sure for how long, but we urgently felt God leading us in this direction. I have loved every second that I have been given to spend with Jake and watch him learn, grow, and mature. I would not trade anything for the experience of teaching him how to read and watching his face light up he realized he could do it. I treasure this opportunity to be with him and mold him.




One of the things that melts my heart about Jake is his desire to worship God. Because Raymond and I lead on Sundays Jake is almost always by himself. I watch him during worship (often to make sure he's behaving.. :) ) and I am amazed at what I see. Almost always when I look he is earnestly worshipping the Lord. Often at home he will get his ipod (yes he has an old hand-me down) and put headphones in and just worship his little heart out. His favorite song is "Your Love Never Fails". I pray that he continues to worship God with such reckless abandon the rest of his life. I have even seen how this is starting to "rub off" on Jared. On the way home tonight they were both singing "Holy is the Lord." I know I'm far from the perfect parent, but praise God something is sticking with them. I'm so very thankful that God chose ME to be Jake's mom. Now let me go, I've got to go kiss my 6 year old one last time...

No comments:

Post a Comment