Saturday, October 1, 2011

Courageous



My sweet hubby surprised me with a trip to see Courageous last night. What a powerful movie. I honestly feel that anyone with children (no matter what age) or that is considering having children should go see this movie. It is primarily aimed at challenging fathers to be all that God has called them to be, but I found myself doing an inventory of my life and the way I parent my children. God help me to be a better parent and to be the parent and wife you have called me to be.

My prayer based on Proverbs 31:10-31 and 1 Peter 3:4

Lord,
Help me to be capable. Help me to be trustworthy and to make sure that my husband doesn't lack for anything. Help me to reward him with good and not evil. Help me to work with willing hands and provide food for my household. Help me to be strong and when I feel weak to depend on Your strength. I want to reach out to the poor and extend my hand to those in need. May honor and strength be my clothing. Help me to speak wisdom and loving instruction from my tongue. I never want to be idle but to watch over my household. I pray that my sons will rise up and be the men you have called them to be. I pray that I will always fear you and put you first.  Help me to have the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment