Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Melting My Heart


Sometimes as a mother I feel like I just don't measure up. I wonder if I'm having the impact I intend to have on my boys...raising them to honor God,  seek His will for their lives, and have an intimate relationship with Him. Yesterday, I witnessed an incident between them that was so incredibly sweet that it made my heart melt. I need reminders such as this as confirmation that even though I am imperfect my children are learning the important things in life. I want to share this with you (all 3 of you who read my blog...LOL) not as a way to brag but as a way to remind myself of the things God is accomplishing in the life of my children. :)

Yesterday after supper I gave Jared some ice cream. I wouldn't give Jake any because he had not eaten enough of his supper to earn it. After giving Jared his ice cream he asked me if he could share some with Jake. I told him that he sure could. Jake hearing this said, "What's wrong Jared? You don't want it?" To which Jared replied, "No, I want it I Just want you to have some too." Well, Jared sweetly shared some but Jake ate more than Jared wanted him to and didn't stop as soon as Jared asked him too. I made Jake get up and told him that Jared sharing with him was a gift and that he should respect Jared's wishes.  Jared went on and continued to eat his ice cream.  A few minutes later Jake said, "Jared I'm sorry for doing that." Without even thinking Jared said, "I forgive you Jake...Come here." When Jake walked over Jared gave him a big bear hug. (Jared is hardly ever that quick to offer his forgiveness.) Jared then decided he was finished with his ice cream and Jake could have the rest.  

Then again in Walmart today while spending his birthday money, Jared used part of his money to buy Jake a toy. These boys are all boy and act like it most of the time. I just feel blessed to have had these glimpses into the way God is working in their little hearts. May I continue to strive to be the mother God wants me to be.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what sweet boys. They are really reflections of the love of their parents toward each other and toward God.

    ReplyDelete